[El] Patch for mapserver

Mathieu Baudier mbaudier at argeo.org
Wed Nov 17 05:43:17 EST 2010

Hi Peter,

do you think that MapServer will produce a new release soon?

Wouldn't it be possible to create a patch against the v5.6.5 code
rather than SVN?
That would rather be the "enterprise linux" approach (patching stable versions).

I am not too comfortable with packaging SVN versions for mature
projects like MapServer.
They can be build and installed locally if required.
RPM packaging make sense for identifiable releases/RC/milestones.

These are just thoughts, comments welcome!

Cheers,

Mathieu