[El] gdal-java

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Fri Nov 19 07:57:41 EST 2010

On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 12:35 PM, Mathieu Baudier <mbaudier at argeo.org> wrote:
>> There are now 8 people (including me) maintaining/co-maintaining GDAL
>> for EPEL and Fedora. If you see the change logs, we are
>> updating/upgrading/doing bug fixes regularly, it is being maintained
>> consistently since 2007.
>
> What I see here:
> http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/epel/5/x86_64/repoview/gdal.html
>
> is that the GDAL verison currently in EPEL is 1.4.2 and the latest changelog is:
>
> Changelog by Balint Cristian (2007-08-09):
> - bootstrap for EPEL without grass

Just FYI: that's right since GDAL should be compiled --without--grass but then
the GDAL-GRASS plugin should be made available. See

http://grass.osgeo.org/wiki/Compile_and_install_GRASS_and_QGIS_with_GDAL/OGR_Plugin

and
http://svn.mandriva.com/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/packages/cooker/gdal-grass/current/SPECS/gdal-grass.spec?view=markup

(maybe it is already there, didn't check)

Markus