[El] Re: [OSGeo-Discuss] Re: FOSS4G rpm packaging

Viji V Nair viji at fedoraproject.org
Wed Nov 17 15:06:15 EST 2010

HI

On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 4:06 PM, Mathieu Baudier <mbaudier at argeo.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> there seems to be activity around GIS in Fedora (see mail below).
> That would be great to find a way to properly collaborate with them.
>
> Especially with RHEL / CentOS 6, there will probably be many packages
> that will be maintained in Fedora/EPEL and that we won't duplicate.
>
> Thoughts welcome!

I could see that there some packages exists on both EPEL and ELGIS
repo, we should avoid this duplication (if there is no specific
reasons).

Also, I could see some efforts on building a higher version of boost
for el (http://elgis.argeo.org/repos/testing/5.5/elgis-plus/SRPMS/),
1.34 or higher is required to build mapnik

I have recently ported the the boost (1.39.0-12) from fedora 13 to
EL5. This is tested with mapnik and works well, if you are interested,
let know. I can upload the same to some servers.