[El] New Install - And Errors

Bill Thoen bthoen at gisnet.com
Thu Sep 23 15:40:03 EDT 2010

Greetings ELGISers,

I just got set up with your handy set of GIS RPMs from the repository
http://elgis.argeo.org/ and in the course of moving PG 8.1 and 8.3
databases from a couple of different machines to my new machine and a
CentOS 5.5 with PG 8.4 environment, we got this stack of errors. Looks
to me like a problem with PostGIS at least, but I need some help
identifying exactly what's wrong an how to fix it.. Since the new
database is a rpm  build but the originals were source builds, the path
names are different and so we've had make changes in the dump files and
redirect things in other places. This looks like there a major directory
of PostGIS files it can't find.
Could it be that when I built my original database I might have included
more options? Does anyone recognize the problem here and how I can fix it?

These are the switches I used when I built the original database:
./configure  \
  --with-pgsql=/usr/local/pgsql/bin/pg_config \
  --with-geos=/usr/local/bin/geos-config \
  --with-proj=/usr/local/ \
  --with-proj-libdir=/usr/local/lib/

TIA,
- Bill Thoen

ERROR:  aggregate public.geomunion(geometry) does not exist
ERROR:  aggregate public.st_union(geometry) does not exist
ERROR:  function public.build_histogram2d(histogram2d, text, text)
does not exist
ERROR:  function public.build_histogram2d(histogram2d, text, text,
text) does not exist
ERROR:  function public.create_histogram2d(box2d, integer) does not exist
ERROR:  function public.distance_spheroid(geometry, geometry,
spheroid) does not exist
ERROR:  function public.estimate_histogram2d(histogram2d, box2d) does not exist
ERROR:  function public.explode_histogram2d(histogram2d, text) does not exist
ERROR:  function public.histogram2d_in(cstring) does not exist
ERROR:  function public.histogram2d_out(histogram2d) does not exist
ERROR:  function public.jtsnoop(geometry) does not exist
ERROR:  function public.length2d_spheroid(geometry, spheroid) does not exist
ERROR:  function public.postgis_jts_version() does not exist
ERROR:  function public.st_build_histogram2d(histogram2d, text, text)
does not exist
ERROR:  function public.st_build_histogram2d(histogram2d, text, text,
text) does not exist
ERROR:  function public.st_create_histogram2d(box2d, integer) does not exist
ERROR:  function public.st_distance_spheroid(geometry, geometry,
spheroid) does not exist
ERROR:  function public.st_estimate_histogram2d(histogram2d, box2d)
does not exist
ERROR:  function public.st_explode_histogram2d(histogram2d, text) does not exist
ERROR:  function public.st_histogram2d_in(cstring) does not exist
ERROR:  function public.st_histogram2d_out(histogram2d) does not exist
ERROR:  function public.st_length2d_spheroid(geometry, spheroid) does not exist
ERROR:  function public.st_unite_garray(geometry[]) does not exist
ERROR:  function public.unite_garray(geometry[]) does not exist
ERROR:  function st_histogram2d_in(cstring) does not exist
ERROR:  function st_unite_garray(geometry[]) does not exist

--

*Bill Thoen*
GISnet - www.gisnet.com <http://www.gisnet.com/>
bthoen at gisnet.com