[El] New Install - And Errors

Mathieu Baudier mbaudier at argeo.org
Thu Sep 23 16:00:37 EDT 2010

Hi Bill,

> These are the switches I used when I built the original database:
> ./configure  \
>  --with-pgsql=/usr/local/pgsql/bin/pg_config \
>  --with-geos=/usr/local/bin/geos-config \
>  --with-proj=/usr/local/ \
>  --with-proj-libdir=/usr/local/lib/

The postgis spec file is here:
https://projects.argeo.org/elgis/svn/factory/trunk/rpmbuild/elgis/postgis/SPECS/postgis.spec

The configure is at the line 78 and it doesn't indeed have many options:
%configure --with-gui

But my understanding is that the configure automatically finds its
dependencies (geos, proj, postgres) which are installed at standard
locations via RPMs (otherwise the build would not go very far I guess)

> ERROR:  aggregate public.st_union(geometry) does not exist

I am especially surprised that such a basic function does not exist.

Maybe your problems could be due to syntax changes with PostGIS 1.5?
(just an idea)
Did you run the initializations scripts? (some file names changed)

I haven't intensively used the latest version yet (only for basic
storage backend, not analysis), so feedback from other users is
welcome.

Cheers,

Mathieu