[fdo-internals] fdogdal and extents

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Jun 4 15:58:24 EDT 2007

Folks,

I'm interested in updating the fdogdal provider this week to support having
file extents in the config document.  I've received a specification document
for how this works now in the autodesk Rfp provider, though I can't seem to
find that just now.  If anyone has it handy and could send it to me again,
that would be appreciated.

I am wondering if someone could indicate what changes are needed in my
src\Overrides directory to add deserialization of this information?  I
haven't altered this code at all since splitting fdogdal off the rfp
driver code base, and I get the impression is might be autogenerated from
a schema file or something.

I'm also interested in a sample config document using this feature if
possible.

Assuming I can get this working smoothly in fdogdal trunk, I'd then like
to carefully back port it to 3.2.x.  Is a 3.2.3 FDO release eventually
planned?