[fdo-internals] FW: [mapguide-internals] FW: [SAC] Subversion vhost migration underway

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Sat Mar 3 15:33:04 EST 2007

Hi all,

If you are currently using a host other than svn.osgeo.org, please make sure that you update your local repository to point to the new location by 5pm CST, Monday.

For instance, if you are using https://osgeo.org/svn/fdo https://osgeo.org/svn/fdo  (or mapguide), use the following command:

svn switch --relocate https://osgeo.org/svn/fdo https://svn.osgeo.org/fdo

(all on one line, and be careful of the munging that my email client does.  It's "svn switch --relocate OLDURL NEWURL")

This change is necessary so that we can move away from wildcard DNS, which is causing considerable problems in managing the website, and to allow for future separate of SVN and WWW services onto different servers.  If you require extended time to make this change, please let the SAC mailing list know by email as soon as possible.

If you are pointing to the svn.osgeo.org host but including /svn/ at the beginning of your path, you do not have to change immediately, but you are still encouraged to update to the new canonical URI as soon as possible.  e.g.:

svn switch --relocate https://svn.osgeo.org/svn/fdo https://svn.osgeo.org/fdo

Jason