[fdo-internals] FDO Incubation Progress Reports

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Wed Mar 14 15:41:55 EDT 2007

Thanks for taking the time to address my questions. One last question
inline below...

Greg Boone wrote:
> Daniel Morissette wrote:
>
> 3- Project Steering Committee
>
> There is a draft PSC document at http://fdo.osgeo.org/psc.html.
> Apparently the PSC has not been officially formed yet, but from
> following the mapguide-internals list they seem to operate as a
> pseudo-PSC already, with motions and votes on the list once in a while,
> etc. This will be sorted out soon I'm sure.
>
> [GB] The PSC has been formed. Refer to
> http://trac.osgeo.org/fdo/wiki/ProjectSteeringCommittee
>
> [GB] However, so far we have only had a single meeting.

I could not find any trace of a vote to approve the PSC document. The
minutes of the first IRC meeting mention that Bob was going to update
the PSC doc and send a motion for vote on the list (presumably meaning
fdo-psc list at the time). Unfortunately the fdo-psc list archives seem
to have been lost when fdo-dev + fdo-psc merged into what is currently
fdo-internals. I found some fdo-psc emails around that date in my
personal archives but nothing about a vote to approve the PSC doc.

I don't want to be a pain about this, just want to make sure that the
PSC doc that's currently at http://fdo.osgeo.org/psc.html is final and
has been approved. If that's the case then the [Draft] in the title
should be removed since that suggests that the doc has not been approved
yet. Also, the MapGuide PSC doc (http://mapguide.osgeo.org/psc.html) has
a clear header stating that it has been adopted, the current revision
number and the last revision date. I think it would be good to have that
for FDO as well.

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette