[fdo-users] ISelect and ISQLCommand Usage

Crispin at 1Spatial Crispin.Hoult at 1Spatial.com
Fri Jan 4 11:49:59 EST 2008

Hi,

Having, ahem, mastered a .net application with ISelect and passing in a
spatial filter I started to look at optimising the data traffic (as per
similar to http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/ticket/272)

I want to query only certain columns... so being able to specify in
ISQLCommand is great but I loose the generic ability to apply a spatial
filter using the .filter property and have to create different SQL for every
provider, thus loosing the power of FDO!

So can I

 a) Only query certain columns using ISelect ?

or

 b) Apply a generic spatial filter method using ISQLCommand ?

Thanks in advance,

 Crispin