[fdo-users] FDO Compile error (libxalan-c)

john spitzer john.spitzer at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 21:24:13 EDT 2009

Hi,
I had some issues trying to build FDO from source on Ubuntu. I rescued
these comments from my old internal
 emails:

The First(FDO) stage requires for gdl, sdf, shp, ogr some fixes in
xml-xalan - looks like something you get for free with visual studio
has to be spelled out in gcc (#include <cstring>) in a number of
places in the code. Also in the gdal sub-build there some issues with
passing environment variables between shell scripts - a well known
trap which can cause grief - I did a hack to get it to work - I do not
remember what the optimal solution is as it was a long time ago.

NB It is essential that gcc/g++ 4.1 be used ortherwise serious other
grief occurs. The default on Ubuntu 9.04 is 4.3 .

Cheers,
John