[fdo-users] Connection problem SQL Server 2008 and FDO

psciga scigalla at battefeld.com
Fri Oct 23 11:07:45 EDT 2009

Hi Lorenzo,

here the Layer definition:
#### begin ###
<LayerDefinition xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="LayerDefinition-1.1.0.xsd" version="1.1.0">
  <VectorLayerDefinition>
    <ResourceId>Library://sqlservertest2/db1.FeatureSource</ResourceId>
    <FeatureName>dbo:geom</FeatureName>
    <FeatureNameType>FeatureClass</FeatureNameType>
    <Filter />
    <PropertyMapping>
      <Name>id</Name>
      <Value>id</Value>
    </PropertyMapping>
    <PropertyMapping>
      <Name>name</Name>
      <Value>name</Value>
    </PropertyMapping>
    <Geometry>graphik</Geometry>
    <Url />
    <ToolTip />
    <VectorScaleRange>
      <PointTypeStyle>
        <DisplayAsText>false</DisplayAsText>
        <AllowOverpost>false</AllowOverpost>
        <PointRule>
          <LegendLabel />
          <Label>
            <Unit>Points</Unit>
            <SizeContext>DeviceUnits</SizeContext>
            <SizeX>10</SizeX>
            <SizeY>10</SizeY>
            <Rotation>0</Rotation>
            <MaintainAspect>true</MaintainAspect>
            <Text>name</Text>
            <FontName>Arial</FontName>
            <ForegroundColor>000000</ForegroundColor>
            <BackgroundColor>ffffff</BackgroundColor>
            <BackgroundStyle>Transparent</BackgroundStyle>
            <HorizontalAlignment>'Center'</HorizontalAlignment>
            <VerticalAlignment>'Baseline'</VerticalAlignment>
            <Bold>false</Bold>
            <Italic>false</Italic>
            <Underlined>false</Underlined>
          </Label>
          <PointSymbolization2D>
            <Mark>
              <Unit>Points</Unit>
              <SizeContext>DeviceUnits</SizeContext>
              <SizeX>10</SizeX>
              <SizeY>10</SizeY>
              <Rotation>0</Rotation>
              <MaintainAspect>true</MaintainAspect>
              <InsertionPointX>0</InsertionPointX>
              <InsertionPointY>0</InsertionPointY>
              <Shape>Circle</Shape>
              <Fill>
                <FillPattern>Solid</FillPattern>
                <ForegroundColor>ff000000</ForegroundColor>
                <BackgroundColor>ffffffff</BackgroundColor>
              </Fill>
            </Mark>
          </PointSymbolization2D>
        </PointRule>
      </PointTypeStyle>
      <LineTypeStyle>
        <LineRule>
          <LegendLabel />
          <LineSymbolization2D>
            <LineStyle>Solid</LineStyle>
            <Thickness>1</Thickness>
            <Color>000000</Color>
            <Unit>Points</Unit>
            <SizeContext>DeviceUnits</SizeContext>
          </LineSymbolization2D>
        </LineRule>
      </LineTypeStyle>
    </VectorScaleRange>
  </VectorLayerDefinition>
</LayerDefinition>

#### end ###

I'm only working with GEOMETRY type in MSSQL.

My table "geom" have 3 columns:

ID (primary key, autoincrment)
name (nchar)
graphik (geometry, with index)

Have you set a primary key column?

In the database I use mixed mode for login. From MG maestro I'm using
Specified credentials to make the connection to mssql server.

Sorry, I din't tell you, that I'm using MGOS 2.1 beta with PHP on XP.

With MGOS 2.0.2 (and the beta provider) I got an other problem: If there are
more the 7323 lines (I have only tested line objects) in the database, it
was impossible to make a selection. So I was trying 2.1.