[fdo-users] Re: Stream Free Failed exception

Crispin_at_1Spatial crispin.hoult at 1spatial.com
Wed Jul 21 04:50:43 EDT 2010

Hi,

We see this a lot (from MapGuide client to FDO).  Slightly different
manifestation (due to MG cache) caused me to raise this:
http://trac.osgeo.org/fdo/ticket/495

I think it is because if you have a connection open a long time, ArcSDE
terminates it.  Changing the connection timeout values (sorry, again MG
specific) helped.

Ultimately, the inability to build/test the ArcSDE provider - based on the
ESRI licenced SDK - led to the creation of the KingOracle extensions for SDE
data.  If you have SDE data in Oracle have a look at:
http://trac.osgeo.org/fdo/wiki/FDORfc42

 Crispin