[fdo-users] OGR provider 3.4, AutoCAD Map 2010 and ESRI personal geodatabase

Traian Stanev traian.stanev at autodesk.com
Mon Apr 16 19:24:17 EDT 2012

Hi,

It means that there is likely a feature with a null geometry value in the table or with a geometry that is not supported by the OGR/PGDB provider (3D, arcs, etc). In such cases the OGR provider throws an FDO exception with the message "Geometry is null.". It seems like Map cancels caching of the remainder of the layer once it encounters that.

The way to check if indeed there is such null geometry would be to bring up the data table for the SHP layer and see if there are really 6 features or there are more with some null geometry.

Traian