[Featureserver] Instant shp-uploading

Josh Livni josh at umbrellaconsulting.com
Mon Nov 17 15:45:19 EST 2008

There are, as always, a variety of ways to do this.  One would be: - Create
a way for users to upload a shapefile and save it somewhere
 - Modify the featureserver.cfg to have a new layer that points to the new
shapefile they uploaded
 - Modify your openlayers JS to include a layer that points to the new
featureserver layer

That said, without knowing more about your project or use-case (is it the
same layer, but users just occasionally upload a modified shape?  Are there
hundreds of new layers a day being uploaded?  Do users need to delete
layers?  ) it's a little hard to give any good advice...

  -Josh