[OSGeo Finance] Finance Report

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Thu Jun 26 18:08:30 EDT 2008

On 26-Jun-08, at 2:29 PM, Frank Warmerdam wrote:

> I don't mean to be pendantic, but I think the official financial
> report
> for the foundation should be approved by the finance committee, and
> then
> by the board.  In my past organizations, it was the responsibility
> of the
> board to approve the financial report on the recommendation of the
> treasurer.

No problem at all, makes sense.  The detailed statements are really
the main issue and they've been around for months, so let's get
Treasurer approval on those regardless.

On a similar note, I put in some pretty detailed reports - do others
think they need to be part of this report or is it too much detail.
Almost all main component totals are in the right column table on the
first page.  Perhaps the quarterly reports are unnecessary?  If so,
then we can pretty much make this a one pager and easy to read.

> We would normally have a board meeting next Friday, but that is
> July 4th so
> I can imagine it might be hard to get quorum.  Possibly we could
> move this
> to Thursday the 3rd.

Not a problem for me, either way..