[OSGeo Finance] Preliminary Q4 2008 Reports

Ken Tamura ken.tamura at autodesk.com
Fri Mar 6 13:37:29 EST 2009

My input for questions:

1. Yes.  2008 activity should be in 2008 financials. The way you do this is to estimate the costs and record them as 'accrued expense'  (debit accrued payables; credit accrued expenses).  This then makes the 2008 financial statements more accurate.

2.  when actual 2008 expenses come in, you can record them normally when paid (ie., record them as actual 2009 transactions).  However, you also reverse your accrued expense entry (debit accrued expense; credit accrued payable).  This will put a credit in the income statement and offset the actual expense paid in 2009.

I won't have time to review the financials until next week, but will do a review then.

Ken Tamura
AEC Division of Autodesk, Inc.
415-547-2114 (w)    415-299-1704 (c)