[FOSS-GPS] More upcoming FoxtrotGPS releases, and...

Brian Wilson brian at wildsong.biz
Sat Aug 28 11:26:18 EDT 2010

On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 10:52 PM, Joshua Judson Rosen
<rozzin at geekspace.com>wrote:

> Is there some `vital signs' XML schema for heartrate-logging that
> integrate into a GPX file? Should we invent one? Or should we just
> log the heartrate data into a separate file?
>
> Any thoughts?

GPX supports extensions, and Garmin has already published the schema for the
extensions they use to record heart and rpm data.

http://www8.garmin.com/xmlschemas/TrackPointExtensionv1.xsd

I'd vote for using the Garmin spec since we're using their hardware anyway.

Brian