[FOSS-GPS] introduction and first help request

Mauro Ugarte A mauro.ugarte at cefop.udec.cl
Thu May 27 01:24:39 EDT 2010

Hi Eugenio,
>> provides RINEX files that should help at post-processing but not for real
>> time aplications (please correct me if i'm wrong).
>>
> I checked here http://www.igs-ip.net/home and it seems that CONZ
> station data can be accessed via NTRIP:
>
> IP: www.igs-ip.net
> Port: 2101
> User&  pass: you have to register here http://igs.bkg.bund.de/ntrip/registeruser
>
> This is the source table line for CONZ:
>
> STR;CONZ0;Concepcion-TIGO;RTCM
> 3.0;1004(1),1006(15),1008(15),1012(1),1019,1020,1033(15);2;GPS+GLO;IGS;CHL;-36.84;286.98;0;0;LEICA
> GRX1200GGPRO;none;B;N;3600;BKG
>
> It already has all the messages you could want, and if it is not
> located where you need it to be, at least you can use it for some
> initial testing!

That is an excellent news!!!  Who doesn't know what to look for, can't
understand what he finds!!! We certainly need more study. We surely
going to be using it for initial testing!!

>> I ask this because it seems to me
>> that RTCM V3.1 messages broadcasted by RTK reference stations (1001-1002 for
>> precision GPS L1 only, 1003-1004 for precision GPS L1&  L2) could be
>> "constructed" by raw data output, and messages 1005-1006 too, using the
>> station position. Is all this possible or am i missing something?
>>
> That is right, you can do it either ways: buy a module with RTCM
> output or construct RTCM once you got raw data. Obviously the second
> option requires much more work and trial&error.

Excellent news, again. We ordered an OEMStar module that outputs RTCM
corrections (we thought that only the DGPS ones, but as Tomoji Takasu
said, maybe it should output RTK corrections as well). The NTRIP station
that you just provided us is going to be great for lab testings, but our
project is aided to provide precise positioning far away from cities
(farming, open sea, forest), so if we can build reference stations with
low cost GPS modules, we are going to be more than happy.

>> Do you really need 10Hz for pedestrian rovers?

One of the aplications that we are thinking about is the ability to
recognize fast enough that somebody (pedestrian rover) entered a
dangerous area, and assure that it gets an alarm before its too late, so
the faster that it sends its corrected position, the better.

Thanks for your great answers and help, they pointed us in the right
direction..

Best regards,

Mauro Ugarte A.

--
   Este correo electrónico y  cualquier archivo adjunto son confidenciales
y son solamente para el uso del individuo o entidad a la que van dirigidos.