[FOSS-GPS] Kinematic vs PPP Kinematic?

Michele Bavaro mic.bavaro at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Aug 28 03:24:19 PDT 2012

I am not aware of any uBlox LEA-6P?

I have and use regularly NEO-6P though, which has PPP and carrier phase
output.
The only drawback of NEO6P is that it uses a simple crystal instead of a
TCXO so the Doppler values will be generally quite high.
That does not impact the carrier phase output quality however: in zero
baseline mode -in very good visibility conditions- "static" gives me
just a few mm variance and zero mean.

As I mentioned ealier in PPP mode it does not make sense to talk about
rover and base as it is a _standalone_ positioning mode.

The hacked version of RTKLIB for NV08C is actually here:
http://www.onetalent-gnss.com/ideas/usb-hw-receivers/denga10
and it's currently being updated according to the recently released
document here:
http://www.nvs-gnss.com/support/documentation/item/32-binr-protocol-specification.html
for LLI and SBAS support.

Cheers,