[FOSS-GPS] Re: RTKLIB SKYTRAQ

julio menezes yjmenezes at yahoo.com.br
Wed Jan 25 07:16:50 EST 2012

--- Em qua, 25/1/12, Grant Oswald <gkoswald at gmail.com> escreveu:

De: Grant Oswald <gkoswald at gmail.com>
Assunto: Re: [FOSS-GPS] Re: RTKLIB SKYTRAQ
Para: "Open Source GPS-related discussion and support" <foss-gps at lists.osgeo.org>
Data: Quarta-feira, 25 de Janeiro de 2012, 8:53

Hello Julio and Volfeer,Sorry for taking so long to reply.I'm using the same gps as volfeer. Thats skytraq S1315F-RAW receiver. Only available from 2 place's that I know. Skytraq sell an evaluation unit for only $99 usd. Google their website.

My government base station is more than 15 km's away and also my account hasn't enabled rinex data. (what ever that is). How ever I do have a government static survey marker at the end of my property. I have searched the internet and found it's details. What would be the best approach to use this as reference point? Do I put the gps antenna on this point and collect data for 1 hour? What then?

Hi Grant.

Tks, about your systrack information.
It is quit hard to by a receicer here. Here our  importation tax reach 300 %, can you beleave that ?

As you have a landmark, you should:
1) Let your base station, where you plan,  colecting data.
2) Put your rover over the Landmark.
3) collect static data by about 1 hour, counting  after turn on the second receiver.
the epoch rate can be 5 seconds.

Any way, I think you can get CORS data from:
http://www.ngs.noaa.gov/CORS/
Once identified your near station, download the RINEX data from:
ftp://www.ngs.noaa.gov/cors/rinex/2012/
Select the julian day.

good luck.

julio menezes

I am mounting my skytrack Venus638FLPx using an open hardware Arduino Uno with a flash shield, I bought from sparkfun. I don't  know if it has RAW data, I hope so.
I bought, also  an wire less Xbee 60W serie 1, it has 2Km range.