[FOSS-GPS] Using RTKLib with Novatel OEM device as base

jtwork taflan.work at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 05:25:24 PDT 2014

Hello,

I have turned on both RXM-RAW and RXM-SFRB messages, and using RTKLib I can
successfully get a SINGLE lock.  So far I can't get my base station to work
in conjunction to get a real rtk fix.

I'm using the Novatel OEMV-3.  I found that it outputs RTCM messages, so I
tried enabling the RTCM3 messages 1002, 1006, 1007, 1008, and 1019, however
when I try connecting to the Novatel as both a 'base station' and then later
as 'correction', it does not ever find a fix beyond "SINGLE".

I did previously try enabling the OEMV messages like RAWEPHEM that were
listed as supported, but that didn't seem to work either.  I have also input
the base station position information in the options.

Any help with further configuration would be greatly appreciated.  I suspect
that I might just have the wrong messages setup or have something wrong with
my connection settings, but I am really not too sure at the moment...