[FOSS-GPS] RTKGPS+ using RTCM with GPS+GLONASS not working

David Kelley DavidKelley at iTSware.net
Thu Dec 10 08:17:31 PST 2015

gto234:
I took this off line because the below has a negative comment about
Lefebure's generally really good work.

 From what you say, you simply need a caster, in particular one that
will relay the serial serial off your uBlox to one or more clients.
Okay, we have a commercial tool (simple NTRIP os sNTRIP) with a "free"
mode that will do that I can send you, _but how will you connect the
cellular link to the "home-office pc" without a static IP_?  If you can
overcome that (I know there are some sort dynamic DNS solution to do
this), got you covered and will send you a released you can use as long
as you provide me a bit feedback on what you think is lacking with it.
But is will easily do what you need today.

The Lefebure caster/server will not work because he has not updated the
code base for a numbed of years, and the thing leaks memory and creates
multiple threads until it locks up in an hour or so.  [The client code
works fine] The last time I spoke to him was over a year ago but at that
time he had no interest in developing it further (the source case is dot
net and I think that he posts that as well).   The real beauty of that
tool (and which then motivated what we built here for the past two
years) was that it combined the the serial port part (the so-called
NTRIP server) with the NTRIP caster in to a small simple utility for a
PC.  Most GNSS device makers want $1kUS for that feature alone.

Regards, David Kelley