[FOSS4G-Oceania-discuss] [Aust-NZ] FOSS4G SotM Oceania meeting minutes

John Bryant johnwbryant at gmail.com
Sun Sep 9 03:47:52 PDT 2018

Hi Brad, thanks for that. We're trying something that's new, as far as
we're aware, so we appreciate your feedback.

We expect parents to be responsible for looking after their children at the
conference, and we're providing some means to help them do so. We hope that
other attendees will be helpful, but we're aware we can't expect everyone
to be comfortable with this. Rest assured, we definitely don't expect you
to be looking after other people's kids.

We are asking for what we consider to be a reasonable amount of tolerance
for the presence of children, which I hope is within the realm of community
expectations. What we're trying to do is create an environment where people
who don't have the option of leaving children at home can choose to attend,
and trying to articulate the expectations so there is a reasonable level of
tolerance. The idea here is that it will enable a fully diverse audience,
reflecting our professional community, to attend.

We'll take another look at the policy, and see if there is anything we need
to do to clarify.

Cheers
John