[FOSS4G-Oceania] Community Day - tentpole and long tail events

David Dean ddean at ieee.org
Mon Jul 16 19:03:18 PDT 2018

John,

In order to collect ideas about what events we can run on commnunity day,
we need to provide a demographic process for open-source and open-data geo
projects to indicate that they would like their project to be available on
the community day.

If you need to have a clear idea about what they community day is going to
look like, we first need to work out what projects will at least be
offered. That is what we need the form for.

I think talking about this more on Friday will be valuable, because I'm
still a little lost what the objection here is.

We need to plan the community day, and to plan the community day we need to
have some idea of what sort of projects we could have participants work on.
Let's use the form for that!

- David

http://dbdean.com