[FOSS4G-Oceania] Motion: extended, targeted call for papers if needed

John Bryant johnwbryant at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 05:11:43 PDT 2018

We can also be proactive towards equity by doing things like asking women
to chair breakout & panel sessions.

I'm a little concerned about the prospect of hitting pause on Plan A in a
few hours, without a clear plan B, and no clear messaging to communicate
this to the community. The timing is a bit unfortunate, with Adam, Alex,and
Edoardo in transit. Hmmmmm.

In the interest of conserving time & effort, can I propose we run with the
community vote tomorrow as we've promised, and carry on the discussion of
how to address diversity following that? I realise it's imperfect, but I
feel we would have some quick communication to do on short notice, and I am
not in a position to do this on my own. I'm not in favour of just letting
our promised community vote schedule slip by without comment.