[FOSS4G-Oceania] Decision: Where to hold lightning talks

Martin Tomko tomkom at unimelb.edu.au
Wed Sep 12 17:12:55 PDT 2018

I vote for option 2.
Martin

From: FOSS4G-Oceania <foss4g-oceania-bounces at lists.osgeo.org> on behalf of Alex Leith <alexgleith at gmail.com>
Date: Wednesday, 12 September 2018 at 5:21 pm
To: foss4g-oceania <foss4g-oceania at lists.osgeo.org>
Subject: [FOSS4G-Oceania] Decision: Where to hold lightning talks

Hi All

We're in the process of laying out the program, and we have a decision for you.

There are three options for how and where to run lightning talks, as follows:

  1.  As a regular stream, so there will be two other streams running at the same time in different rooms.
  2.  As a special plenary stream, perhaps in the afternoon of the first day. This will mean that we can't run two other streams at this time.
  3.  As a parallel session to the panel session on the first day. This will split the audience for this 'plenary' session.
I remind you that the program draft is here<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tmqjTjK2w6qmbpGJo9_zZVkduPAYU4qTJm2x7K-TY7Q/edit>.

We need input on this as soon as possible, as we would like to finalise the number of presentation slots before putting together the shortlist on Tuesday.

Cheers,

Alex
--

Alex Leith