[FOSS4G-Oceania] [OSGeo Oceania] FOSS4G SotM Oceania 2019 - programme outline

John Bryant johnwbryant at gmail.com
Sun Apr 28 13:08:48 PDT 2019

As Edoardo mentioned in a side thread to this discussion, SotM is running a
process that allows for the possibility of extending some talks [1]
<https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/discuss/2019-March/038287.html>.

>From their CFP:

> * The “Extended talk” submission type: Big ideas need time to grow. For
> talks in this category we will allow double the time (40 min) compared
> to the usual talks. Make sure to mention why your talk needs this
> extended space.
>
> In their case, it's a matter of giving a talk 2 slots rather than 1, but
perhaps we could consider something like having some slots that are a *bit*
longer, eg 25+5 instead of 15+5. We could ask people to indicate when they
submit whether they would like a longer slot if it were available, block
out certain slots for the longer talks, and then schedule accordingly. It
makes for a bit more of a logistical puzzle to put together, but might
mitigate the feedback from many that talks were too short.

Possible?

[1] https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/discuss/2019-March/038287.html