[FOSS4G-Oceania] [OSGeo Oceania] FOSS4G SotM Oceania 2019 - programme outline

Kim Fitter kimfitter at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 29 17:41:22 PDT 2019

 Hi again,
I also agree on finishing at 5pm and for consistency in the schedule. It means there is also time for a  break to make phone calls or just go for a walk before the evening dos for all types of -verts.
I agree with John on the the number of people on stage, and putting some effort in the selection process. In my experience finding speakers, there is a lot of shoulder tapping, gentle and persuasive encouragement needed, not just a single call for a speakers. A speaker workshop also doubles up as a good networking event for newbies, TGP and others. Another suggestion is to allow a talk by a workshop presenter. There are so many good workshop options and if you know that these will also be presented as a short talk then you don't feel as much FOMO.
CheersKim