[FOSS4G-Oceania] [Action required] Congratulations on FOSS4G SotM Oceania 2021

eli elipuccioni at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 12:23:15 PST 2021

Hi Ed, love the survey, thanks for setting it up.
My two cents: I'd add a question at the end of the first session about what
could have been done better in the hub. We have what was the highlight,
good to have also suggestions for improvements.
I'd also maybe make the third session a bit longer, maybe with some
questions like how easy was to plan for the venue and catering and/or
finding local sponsors.
And if possible, I think the Good Mojo people would like to have a small
question about if they requested good mojo funding and what is the feedback
about it (are you satisfied, what can be improved).

Thanks!
Elisa

Il giorno mer 17 nov 2021 alle ore 20:03 Edoardo Neerhut <eneerhut at gmail.com>
ha scritto:

> Thanks John.
>
> This survey is designed specifically for people helping to organise local
> hubs and/or the conference committee.
> I should have made that clearer.
>
> Budget questions could be made optional as not everyone was involved
> there.  Good point.
>
> Fantastic that Perth had video recordings also. A lot of new content for
> YouTube.
>
> On Tue, 16 Nov 2021, 22:52 John Bryant, <johnwbryant at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Survey looks good Ed, thanks for setting that up.
>>
>> Assuming you're sending the survey to the hubs and conference committee,
>> there will be some people who might not be able to answer all the questions
>> (eg. "How easy did you find budgeting for the conference?")... it might
>> help if those kinds of questions aren't marked as "required".
>>
>> We'll have videos some time in the next week or 2 I think, editing now.
>> Will share photos soon.
>>
>> Well done on maintaining the post-conf push, which is super hard.
>>
>> Cheers!
>> John
>>
>> On Wed, 17 Nov 2021 at 14:15, Edoardo Neerhut <eneerhut at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi everyone,
>>>
>>> Congratulations on another successful FOSS4G SotM Oceania. Despite the
>>> challenges over the last couple of years, the community still managed to
>>> band together to put together a conference in consecutive years. The photos
>>> and accounts I am hearing make it sound well worth the effort.
>>>
>>> I wanted to follow up on some post conference tasks while they are fresh
>>> in our minds.
>>>
>>> *Survey*
>>> It's really important that we get input from the local hubs on what
>>> OSGeo Oceania can do better, but also us as a conference committee. There
>>> are already indications on a few things, but feedback is important to draw
>>> attention to where we can improve. I have drafted a survey here
>>> <https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSccz4fmCwU0LVdVFSLKPZ23kt-G_mb5yAc1ujSFGIXCXjz2IA/viewform?usp=sf_link>.
>>> I'd love your input quickly on whether any more questions are needed. I'll
>>> send out the final link in ~24 hours.
>>>
>>> *Recorded talks*
>>> For those that were able to record some of the local hub talks, feel
>>> free to create a folder and upload them
>>> <https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1kWMx_2gLHDjjdeKxDbjK-ANLzJxs8pS->
>>> here. I can then ensure they get uploaded to the FOSS4G SotM Oceania
>>> YouTube <https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbqmnF77HxLCmO9d7LrEbpg>
>>> channel. Thanks @Dawn Hendrick <dawn_hendrick at hotmail.com> for getting
>>> onto this already.
>>>
>>> *Photos*
>>> If you have photos from your local hub, please share them here
>>> <https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/10gUp8c_h_TcQ-7NLqtaPT8V4TDp9qCNz>.
>>> Ask attendees as well. Photos from the hubs were hugely valuable for
>>> marketing and the sponsorship prospectus. Most importantly, it's just nice
> [...]

Potrebbe andar peggio...potrebbe piovere!