[FOSS4G-Oceania] We miss you! Where to next for FOSS4G SotM 2021?

Edoardo Neerhut eneerhut at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 19:35:00 PDT 2021

Hi everyone,

We've just wrapped up the committee meeting for this week. It was a
productive meeting, but unfortunately attendance was low.

As we get closer to the conference deadline (56 days), we must ask
ourselves "Are we committed to organising this conference?" Is the
committee committed? We've been able to organise conferences in
consecutive years since 2018 and I would love to see us get over the line
again this year and deliver some joy to the geospatial community.

I am going to schedule the next round of committee meetings. What times
work best for you? Please fill out this poll
<https://whenisgood.net/sdy2r8g> to let us know. Do you prefer fortnightly
or monthly meetings?

I know it's super tough right now with all the uncertainty and I fully
understand if some hubs need to reconsider plans. For those that are still
able to put on a 2021 conference, let's keep the spirit alive.

Stay tuned for an email from @eli <elipuccioni at gmail.com> regarding keynote
speakers.

Thanks,

Ed