[FOSS4G-Oceania] Keynote speakers' discussion points

eli elipuccioni at gmail.com
Sun Sep 19 14:25:56 PDT 2021

Hi all,
hope you are well and had a good weekend!

At our conference committee meeting on Friday (17th of September), we
agreed that we will have 3 keynote speakers for the conference, each with a
20 minute presentation. We aim to deliver the presentations live, but they
will also pre-recorded by the speakers in case they cannot deliver live on
the day. A live Q&A panel will follow the three presentations and will be
also recorded and be made available online after the conference, to allow
the Hubs to opt out of it if there are some time constraints.

We also tried to narrow down the shortlist of potential keynote speakers.
The main parameters for choosing the speakers were:

·           Gender diversity

·           Oceania based speaker

·           Relevant topic

We have noticed that many of the suggested speakers are not based in
Oceania, but a few of them have very interesting profiles and could be a
good fit for the conference. We have agreed to extend the deadline for
finalising the list to next week (or maybe to the next meeting?) and it
would be great if anyone else would share more candidates for a keynote or
endorse someone already present in the list.

The current list can be found here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XMB46Oktdjw671YCcOs_V3bipehydIfTqzcBkHXcLPg/edit

Cheers,
Elisa