[Foss4g2008loc] final draft sponsorhip prospectus for comment and
Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo)
tmitchell at osgeo.org
Tue Nov 6 02:06:22 EST 2007
Minor comments and suggestions, open to your discretion to toss or
incorporate. Feel free to point out any points that I should have
- Make the front page logos bigger - they are hard to read at that scale
- Are we looking for more Media Sponsors?
- Bullets have different indents on page 4
- p.5 "Corporate sponsors at the 2007....included x, y, z ..." add:
- Good invite letter from Gavin
- p.6 (and elsewhere) - Add "International" when talking about FOSS4G
as an event. i.e. "Purpose: The INTERNATIONAL FOSS4G conference"..
- p.6 Consolidate or removing a handful of the "Major topics" - they
don't sound too major if there are too many :)
- It's nice to see you using the Queen's english. If it's
intentional, feel free to "fix" some of the mis-uses on p. 8 About
OSGeo "organization". I also think you can drop the 2nd About OSGeo
paragraph, except for the URL.
- p.9 - sponsorship levels got confusing this year, as we quickly
maxed out the "Gold" category and some sponsors (or potential
sponsors) were left wondering if they could still sign up as a gold.
Can we call it a "Target" instead of "Maximum"? Or leave it off the
"(Max n)" except for our internal use? Mind you, I understand that
with the highest levels you want them to be somewhat exclusive.
- p.12 - missing word at end in sentence "can contribute your"
- p.13 - as an exhibitor, it would be great for me to see a possible
floorplan. It helps give you a reality check: "Hey, there are a few
little squares here, I better get one!" Basically use the graphics
to help motivate. It would be really good to show spots filling up
too, over time, to help build the urgency.
- Also, a statement about how booth spots are allocated is needed
(unless I missed it). e.g. first sponsor gets first pick, or maybe
show which (and how many) booths are reserved for the higher levels?
- p.14 - I'd drop "(extra)" and "(continued") from the table - that's
more of an internal logistics note I assume.
- p.17 - change my title from "ED" to "Executive Director" please :)
- Exhibition Space - is it going to be possible to provide blanket
(wired or wireless) internet coverage for all exhibitors? And
generally throughout the venue?
That's all I can think of for now.
Hope it helps,
On 5-Nov-07, at 2:18 PM, Gavin Fleming wrote:
> Hi all
> Please see attached the Sponsorship and Exhibitor prospectus.
> Pending final inputs it will be ready for distribution before the
> end of the week. Our contact list and LOC allocations for
> contacting prospective sponsors and exhibitors will also be ready
> by then.
> The amounts sought here total R1 600 000, which is conservatively
> what we need to raise with our budget as it stands.
> This prospectus targets commercial Sponsors and Exhibitors as well
> as 'in-kind' contributors and Donors. LOC members will be sending
> it asap to their contacts, the list that we have been building up,
> previous sponsors, the GISSA vendor list, etc.
> Please give this your full attention as securing sponsorship is
> critical at this stage.
> <FOSS4G2008 sponsorship and exhibitor prospectus 5 Nov.odt>
> <FOSS4G2008 sponsorship and exhibitor prospectus 5 Nov.pdf>
> FOSS4G2008LOC mailing list
> FOSS4G2008LOC at lists.osgeo.org
Open Source Geospatial Foundation
tmitchell at osgeo.org
More information about the FOSS4G2008LOC