[Foss4g2008loc] conference numbers

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Wed Nov 7 10:55:41 EST 2007

I concur with Dave. I think 200 Far Far Away delegates is achievable,
based on the positive fact that we will be drawing from both North
America and Europe and the negative fact of perceived distance.  2006
had 90 delegates from North America, 2007 had 139 from Europe.

I have a related concern on workshops and presentations, on whether
the distance factor is going to substantially suppress the amount of
of participation and abstract submissions.  As someone pointed out,
the conference doesn't exist without content, and we depend on our
presenters to provide that content gratis (not only gratis, we expect
them to pay to get in! :)

P.