[Foss4g2008loc] conference numbers

Dave Patton davep at confluence.org
Mon Nov 12 15:35:48 EST 2007

Carrin Martin wrote:

> I was under the impression that the demand
> for workshops was high and we would need to increase the numbers.  I can
> contact the local university if we need extra for both Monday and
> Friday.

I would discourage the notion of having Workshops at two
venues, as it adds a lot to all sorts of logistical issues.

> I see that the 2007 workshops cost was $300 and I'm not sure
> if this is per workshop or for the full day.

For 2007, Workshops were on Monday, before the conference
started on Tuesday. People paid one fee for the whole day,
and selected 2 Workshops - one in the morning and one in
the afternoon. People who only wanted to take one Workshop
(e.g. flight arrived in the morning) still had to pay for
the full day. The 'workshops cost' wasn't necessarily $300:
http://www.foss4g2007.org/register/

--
Dave Patton

System Developer