[Foss4g2008loc] LOC communication and progress

Gavin Fleming GavinF at mintek.co.za
Wed Mar 19 17:14:51 EDT 2008

Hi all

In the absence of specific requests please send weekly reports to the list about progress on your portfolio by the latest Friday each week (check your portfolios and other info at our wiki http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php?title=FOSS4G2008_Committee_Issues <http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php?title=FOSS4G2008_Committee_Issues&action=submit> ):

Petro, Karryn: statement of account, summary of registrations
Inge: number of abstracts submitted
Burnie: number of workshop proposals submitted
Magda and Dawn: sponsor and exhibitor status
Dawn: marketing report

To repeat: those of you who have functional roles on the website: Inge, Burnie and others as we go along, need to familiarise yourself with how to do your job on the site. e.g. Calls, submissions, reviews. Take charge and make it happen, Graeme and Tyler are there to help.

All: If you send something out to the list for comment or review, give a deadline. After the deadline, take the initiative and whatever input you get and proceed. There's no time to wait on ceremony.

Gavin Fleming MSc, Pr. GISc Technologist
Senior GISc and Sustainable Development Researcher
FOSS4G2008 conference chair
Mintek, 200 Malibongwe Drive (formerly Hans Strijdom Drive)
P/Bag X3015, Randburg, 2125, South Africa
w: +27-11-709-4668 c: 0845965680 f: 0866164820
xmpp (Jabber, Google Talk, etc.): gavinjfleming at gmail.com
Skype: phlemingo
27.9782E 26.0896S