[Foss4g2008loc] RE: FOSS4G Call for papers

Carrin Martin carrin.avri at iceeafrica.co.za
Thu Mar 20 08:52:36 EDT 2008

Hi Inge

Please can you prepare some short marketing notices about the conference
to distribute to EIS Africa and other online distribution lists.  I'm
sure that Sives will give us good coverage and I'll see if we can get a
front page slot from him.  For those of you not familiar with EIS Africa
see http://www.eis-africa.org/EIS-Africa/

The African Geo-Information have also said that the will market the
conference and we need to provide them with material
http://www.agirn.org/agirn/eis_africa.php

Also have a look at Geology of North Africa and Arabia Information,
Exchange and Research http://www.northafrica.de/gis.htm

http://www.sahims.net/gis/Gis%20Input/GIS_library_Regional.asp

http://www.gisdevelopment.net/news/viewn.asp?id=GIS:N_ncwmpjaltd may be
a bit optimistic with Map Africa, given that they are holding their
annual, non GISSA supported November conference now in August!

Please would you also contact Antony and see if there are any other
international forums that he sits on that we could use to market the
conference.

I suggest that Inge keeps track of where we advertise, so if you do send
out a notice, please let her know.  Could be a useful resource to pass
on to the next organising committee instead of reinventing the wheel.

thanks

Carrin Martin