[Foss4g2008loc] keynote speakers

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Tue Mar 25 16:06:16 EDT 2008

On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 5:40 AM, Gavin Fleming <GavinF at mintek.co.za> wrote:

>  Re Paul S' suggestion: Paul R, are you up to it?

I can do anything at all, given the time and an honorarium. :) That
said, you might want to find a more "high profile" speaker to headline
the conference. Or someone like Damian who is guaranteed to hit the
ball out of the park.

Google would probably ship you Ed Parsons for free if you wanted him,
for example, and his business card has "Google" on it, so he must be
important.

>  Any opinions on a repeat (with variations) of Damian?

Advantage (and reason I chose him in '07) is great entertainment
value, and guaranteed quality. Disadvantage is no "name recognition"
factor in terms of advertising / marketing. Does not scream "this is
an important conference, must go to this".

Perhaps pair an entertainer, like Damian, with a big name?