[Foss4g2008loc] RE: paper submissions & ALL other deadlines

Inge Netterberg inge.netterberg at gmail.com
Tue May 13 06:04:56 EDT 2008

Hi There,

In terms of the technical programme Dates:

I propose that we only extend the submission of abstracts to the 19th May at
that latest (this is the first extension - and there will be no other). This
will give the people who had trouble submitting their abstracts yesterday a
chance to do so. (seems that the date on the site must be a day later
otherwise some people have issues submitting - I think it is a time zone
issue)

Keeping all the other dates for the notification of acceptance, and
submission of full papers the same. So the technical programme dates are:

12 May 2008: Deadline for submission of abstracts ..... extend to 19 May
17 June 2008: Notification of acceptance of abstracts..... stays the same
18 August 2008: Deadline for submission of presentation / papers for
the proceedings .... stays the same
1 September 2008: Deadline for submission of posters.... stays the same

At this stage we have just over 110 submissions (including both General and
Academic).

I have just noticed that the early bird registration closes 2 days before
the notification of acceptance of abstracts. This may pose a problem.

Regards

Inge