[Foss4g2008loc] RE: marketing

Gavin Fleming GavinF at mintek.co.za
Tue May 13 09:36:23 EDT 2008

Thanks Daina

My responses:

2. If anyone's not sure of where to send announcements follow the e-mail
marketing list at http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G2008_Communication.
e.g. for the foss4g-newsletter which has > 2000 names at present send
your announcement to Paul Scott and myself and one of us will post it.
GISSA regional chairs need to get the notices out to their lists via
Carrin.

3. I'll use your announcement Daina for the notice to go out soon about
extending the deadlines - thanks for drafting it.

4. Daina / Inge please continue following up with Victor re payment.
I've uploaded that new banner to the wiki (on the above page). Perhaps
he could generate a smaller version that will fit in website side-bars?

5. I've registered on several lists. If you (any of you) are registered
on a list and can send notices to it please do so and also add your name
next to the list name on the above wiki page.

6. Daina please pursue with PositionIT urgently as their deadline is
approaching - great idea. Develop the form in conjunction with Karryn.

Cheers

Gavin