[Foss4g2008loc] academic track - Technical Programme

Inge Netterberg inge.netterberg at gmail.com
Fri May 16 10:55:28 EDT 2008

This is my understanding that the Technical programme coordinator (ie me) -
covers/ensure that these are in place:

1.	Technical Programme development (with inputs - obviously)
2.	Synchronisation of the programme

a.	We can't have people having to be in more than one place at a time

3.	Abstract and Programme book (with inputs) for inclusion in all
delegate bags (there is a budget to produce this)

This includes:

a.	Advertising space
b.	Organising committee
c.	Sponsors
d.	Exhibitors
e.	Full Programme (workshops & labs, academic track, general track,
posters, technical tours, outreach, social)
f.	Abstracts (academic, general & posters
g.	Lab summaries
h.	Workshop summaries

4.	Pocket programme for inclusion in all delegate bags (there is a
budget to produce this)

a.	Overview of programme / programme at a glance

5.	Complete proceedings published on CD with ISBN number for inclusion
in all delegate bags (there is a budget to produce this)
6.	Publish complete proceedings on website (FOSS4G2008 site)

Optional Extras are:

1.	CD with the proceedings of the academic track only can be made on
special request. (No budget)

I would go for the Title for Proceedings for the ISBN as:  'Proceedings of
the FOSS4G2008 Conference, 29 Sept - 3 Oct 2008'), authors (S. Coetzee, I.
Netterberg & G. Fleming) and a publisher: (GISSA and OSGeo)

This is my opinion on this

Have a lekker weekend!

Inge

  _____