[Foss4g2009] Re: FOSS4G 2009 Logo

Daniel Ames amesdani at isu.edu
Mon Jun 16 12:27:43 EDT 2008

Hi all. I have to agree that there is a hint of Lisa Simpson in some of the
logos.

I very much like 2c. It integrates the ribbon nicely (and recognizably)
without it "taking over" the logo. The text is relatively large compared to
the graphics which is important for scalability, and it is instantly
recognizable as Aussie-themed.

The integration of the ribbon into 3a and 3b seems a little contrived and
really does not evoke thoughts of the Sydney Opera House. Actually it looks
a bit like a ribbon tied in someone's really spikey hair.

- Dan

Daniel P. Ames, PhD, PE
Geospatial Software Lab
Department of Geosciences