[Foss4g2009] FOSS4G 2009 Website

Dave Patton davep at confluence.org
Mon Sep 22 18:41:53 EDT 2008

On 2008/09/22 3:33 PM, mapbutcher wrote:

> 3. LOC to make necessary arrangements by 12pm Friday 26th September Sydney
> Time : (
> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=26&month=9&year=2008&hour=12&min=0&sec=0&p1=240)
> to set up site under http://www.foss4g.org/2009/ this will involve:
>
> 3a) Registration of domain (I understand this has already been completed)
> 3b) Either moving site from Tour Hosts Server to OSGeo Server
>
> or
>
> 3c) Setting up redirect or similar from http://www.foss4g.org/2009/ to Tour
> Hosts Server
>
> What are the preferences here?

I don't think it is a matter of "preferences".
The website content belongs to OSGeo, and it will
exist after the conference, so it only makes sense
to set it up that way 'right from the start', which
precludes the 'redirect to TH server' option.

Get the 'first version' of the website up and running
under the 'proper' URL, and moving forward TH can use
their 'test URL' for reviewing changes before they are
moved to the live website.

--
Dave Patton
CIS Canadian Information Systems