[Foss4g2009] Re: FOSS4G 2009 Website Submissions

mapbutcher mapbutcher at mapbutcher.com
Tue Jan 13 16:10:52 EST 2009

Volker,
I was configuring OCS last night and you can set up the review part of the
submission process to use an option called:

'Enable one-click reviewer access.'

*Note:* With this option, in which reviewers do not need to log in to the
site, directors are not able for security reasons to modify email addresses
or add CCs or BCCs prior to sending request to reviewers.

I'm yet to see how this actually works - i'm still testing config - but it
suggests that a visitor to the site does not have to be logged into review
each submission - i added some dummy workshop submissions and enabled the
option, logged out but could not find my dummy submissions to review?

Ideally we'd use OCS functionality if it suits us - and to avoid any need
for us to craft a module. As its stands i understand OCS is well placed for
review - i.e. it has a work flow, i think we just need to play around with
it to simplify it down (IMO the review should be more of a vote) and try and
see how much we can decouple the need to be a logged in user with the
correct role to actually review\vote on a submission.

Would it help if you were a user with adequate privileges in OCS so you can
test stuff too? Ping me and I'll sort it out?

Simon