[Foss4g2009] Workshop / Tutorial Submission Templates

Mark Leslie mrk.leslie at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 18:27:03 EST 2009

Hmm, I was under the impression that the workshops were traditionally
beginner-heavy, but looking back that doesn't seem to be the case.  The
numbers for 2007 are
Workshops: 12
   Beginner: 4
   Advanced: 3
   Developer: 3
   Advanced Developer: 1
   Intermediate: 1
Tutorials: 16
   Beginner: 10
   Advanced: 3
   Developer: 2
   Beginner/Advanced: 1

Excluding those that didn't fill out the form properly, it seems there
was a pretty even balance in workshops with the shorter sessions being
more beginner oriented.

2008 doesn't seem to list this.

At any rate, I think you've got it right, defining User vs. Developer.
I'll update the templates today, and add a short explanation line like I
have for the other sections.  I'll also take a shot at outlining some
selection criteria on the wiki.

Mark Leslie
Geospatial Software Architect
LISAsoft

Ph: +61 2 8570 5000 Fax: +61 2 8570 5099 Mob: +61
Suite 112, Jones Bay Wharf 19-21 Pirrama Rd Pyrmont NSW 2009

LISAsoft is part of the A2end Group of Companies
http://www.ardec.com.au
http://www.lisasoft.com
http://www.terrapages.com