Fwd: [Foss4g2009] Re: [sydney] Submission Acknowledgement

mapbutcher mapbutcher at mapbutcher.com
Mon Mar 2 04:33:55 EST 2009

Cameron,
foss4g committee,
It seems that my name has been inserted into the OCS software, which means I
will be the first point of call for all presentation and workshop
submissions. This will likely involve a reasonable amount of email traffic,
and I'm hopeful that we can have another member of the committee act as the
front line interface in this role, and coordinate the selection of
workshops, tutorials and presentations.
Any volunteers?

>>you are set up as the principle contact for the conference  - i thought
this was appropriate when i configured OCS. I am set up as the technical
support :( . Mark and i are set up as track directors for workshop/tutorials
and i am the sole track director for presentations - track directors are:

"The Track Director is involved in a submission's progress from Review to
Presentation (or Archiving). Track Directors have access only to those
submissions to which they have been assigned. Track Directors can be
assigned directly to a track so that any submissions to that track are
automatically placed in their Review queue; or Directors may assign
submissions manually"

>>As primary contact you're details get appended to the submission
acknowledgement - if this is not ok can i suggest someone else steps up or
we have a generic email account which redirects to the OC private list?

>> At the moment i have not set up a email address for notifications of all
submissions  - i.e we can set up a target email address where a notification
will get sent to after each submission - again should we set up a generic
foss4g2009 account?

>>If we set up generic account my fear is that we may get mail that is not
responded to?

Simon