[Foss4g2009] Re: Update to conference program

Stephen Lead stephen.lead at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 18:37:32 EDT 2009

Hi Simon,

Can we please block out 5.30 - 8.00 pm for Ignite, to give us an hour of
networking time before the presentations start?

The networking is an important component of Ignite, and ideally we'll do it
in the same room as the presentations, so we can just start the
presentations without needing people to file into the room.

I'll need access to the room from 4.30pm to set it up - I like to have
everything ready to go as soon as people start arriving at 530pm.

Ballroom A looks perfect based on the 360 degree tour as it already has a
stage set up, and the room can be resized depending on how many people we
get - this will allow us to be a bit flexible. It's good for the room to
feel a bit full without being cramped, and not so large that it feels empty.

Will Ballroom A be available from 4.30pm?

Whichever room we use, I'd like to have a mixture of seating and standing,
with a few rows of seats theatre-style but the majority of people standing.
I'll need a projector and PA system, power for the laptops, etc, but other
than that there are no special requirements.

Thanks,
Steve