[Foss4g2010] Re: General track Abstract selection

Lluís Vicens lluis at sigte.udg.es
Mon Apr 19 05:00:09 EDT 2010

En/na Judit Mays ha escrit:
> Hello dear conference organisers,
>
> catching up on the abstract selection: what has been decided for how the
> selection process for general track shall work?
>
> Now that submission deadline has passed is there a vote going on
> somewhere? Who is taking part?

Dear Judit,

All submitted papers will be reviewed by the members of the scientific
committee[1] who are in charge to ensure the quality of the conference.
They will accept (or not) submitted papers according to their knowledge
and expertise and they will rank the abstracts according to the
Quality/Interest for the Conference.

At the same time, we are planning to implement a public voting system.
Volker first and Paul offered his time and an application for the
foss4g2010 (thanks, both of you!!) so, we are deciding how to proceed to
make this idea a reality.

We will keep you informed.
Best,

Lluís