[FOSS4G2016] LOC mailadresses

Volker Mische volker.mische at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 07:33:24 PDT 2015

Hi Till,

On 06/18/2015 04:20 PM, till.adams at fossgis.de wrote:
> Volker,
>
> that's not the point. We already have the subdomain of foss4g.org:
> "2016.foss4g.org" is already pointing to our jiffy box. So this will be
> the official URL for the webpage.
>

> The domain "foss4g2016.org" is needed, because I'd like to have
> everydbody a unique emailadress, which can't be a subdomain AFAIK

You can have an email address on a subdomain. Just think of this mailing
list. I also think it would be more consistent, you email would match
the domain where the website is. And of course it will save costs (I
know, it's not that much)

> Also
> some of the LOC'lers didn't want to use their official and/or private
> emailadress and the fossgis-server is old and not in our hands.

Sure, why not having emails addresses for the foss4g.

Cheers,
  Volker

> Am 2015-06-18 15:51, schrieb Volker Mische:
>> Hi Till,
>>
>> please don't! There were several discussions over the years and the
>> conclusion was that a subdomain of foss4g.org is used for every year.
>> I'm strongly in favour of following the best practice and doing the same
>> for 2016.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>   Volker
>>
>> On 06/18/2015 03:38 PM, till.adams at fossgis.de wrote:
>>> Hi LOC,
>>>
>>> Marco and me just made the decision, that Marco will reserve the domain
>>> foss4g2016.org for fossgis and that Sebastian (terrestris admin) will
>>> setup a small mailserver on the Jiffybox we have. This will be tomorrow
>>> or begin of next week. From then on I'd prefer everybody from the LOC
>>> having a unique <name>@foss4g2016.org mailing adress.
>>>
>>> For the moment these are:
>>>
>>> carmen
>>> danilo