[FOSS4G2016] Update on FOSS4G Video recording, live-stream and publishing by CCC VOC

Christian Willmes c.willmes at uni-koeln.de
Sun Nov 22 08:19:39 PST 2015

Hi,

+1 on Astrids remarks.

If the CCC VOC are the same guys that do the live streaming for the CCC
Congress [1], they are absolutely top notch and professional. The CCC
Congress has this live streaming since long time and they get better
every year.
Also the CCC Congress has every year more attendees, now at 10,000+!

And I object that anyone who would come to FOSS4G would be held back by
the live streams, on the other side these streams give access to the
conference to people who can not go (for a large variety of reasons).
And it also creates considerably more activity on social media during
the conf. I am sure that FOSS4G, OSGeo and the presented projects could
only gain from this. Its also a positive argument for potential sponsors
too!

Regards,
Christian

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaos_Communication_Congress