[FOSS4G2016] travel granting - your opinion

Gert-Jan van der Weijden (OSGeo.nl) gert-jan at osgeo.nl
Mon Apr 18 07:37:15 PDT 2016

Hi all,

I was wondering how we handle the accomodation costs.
Do we pass out a sort of cheque worth 400 euros (1000 euros minus costs
for , and can it be used by the students on their own behalf
(and thus leave them the choice of a hotel)

Or do we make an arrangement with a hotel and pay the accomodation (on
behalf of the LOC)?

regards,

Gert-Jan

christoph at baudson.de schreef op 18-04-2016 12:40:
> Hi, I have prepared a first draft here
>
> https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Talk:FOSS4G_2016_Travel_Grants#Website_template
>
> I have several questions and would love to hear some opinions
> - Private donors: Will we have an incentive for them? Raffle or hall
> of fame? Suggested donation amount of 25€ ok?
> - I proposed a goal of 1000€ for private donations. ok? Can we have a
> progress bar for private donations on the website? Maybe this will
> help us reach the goal.
> - Students who apply for both the travel grants and studentship
> program: How much will they earn for volunteering?
> - Points system: are points for origin granted by country of residence
> or nationality?
> - Will we award points for all students, or those under a specific age?
> - How will the application work? Send an email? Web form?
> - Any suggestions for a timeline? I proposed May 1st to 31st, with a
> decision in the first week of June
>
> Thanks for your input :)
>
> Christoph
>

> Am 2016-04-17 14:28, schrieb till.adams at fossgis.de:
>> Hi,
>>
>> yes, that should be possible, but perhaps its better to put that in
>> the confirmation email, because people are also guieded to the
>> accommodation page after registering.
>>
>> I like your thoughts, let's prepare that and decide next thursday in
>> IRC.
>>
>> Thanks for updating the text, that's definitely needed ASAP.
>>
>> Till
>>

>> Am 2016-04-17 13:56, schrieb Christoph Baudson:
>>> Hi Till,
>>>
>>> thanks for your thoughts.
>>>
>>> First of all, is it possible to link to the travel grants donation
>>> page
>>> during checkout? Kristin Bott told me they raised about 1K $ in 2014
>>> by
>>> this. Is the donation paypal account ready? What is the paypal
>>> account's